The Eyeplan Accidental Damaage Scheme
The Accidental Damage Scheme is a key part of the Eyeplan business model. It offers value to the member and protects the practice - patient relationship when it is weakest.
Peace of mind is what every purchaser seeks when making their buying decision. When presented with quality frames and lenses, it is reassuring for Eyeplan members to know that the investment they make will be protected against accidental damage. This protection comes through the Eyeplan Accidental Damage Scheme.
The Eyeplan Accidental Damage Scheme protects a member’s spectacles against accidental damage for two years from the date of purchase of a complete new pair of spectacles.
Key features of the scheme include:
- Cover lasts for two years.
- There is no additional cost to the Eyeplan Associate practice.
- Extra pairs of spectacles are covered under the scheme at no additional cost. There is no limit to the number of pairs of spectacles or sunglasses that a member may have covered under the scheme.
- There is no limit to the number of claims an Eyeplan member can make.
- There is no separate application to complete.
The accidental damage certificate
All Eyeplan members are provided with an accidental damage cover certificate for each pair of spectacles. This certificate does perform an administrative function, but its most important role is communicating to the Eyeplan member:
- That the Accidental Damage Scheme has substance.
- The value of their Eyeplan membership, the value they received on their purchase and the practice where they received that value.
Making a claim - its simple
When a patient presents you with broken spectacles you will want to repair or replace them quickly, which is why we have a telephone claims process. Eyeplan will advise over the phone how much the patient’s excess is, and how much Eyeplan will pay you to cover the cost of repair or replacement. It couldn’t be simpler. If you aren’t satisfied with the valuation we have appraised, there is a paper claims form for you to submit along with your supporting documentation.
Terms and conditions
The Eyeplan Accidental Damage Scheme, as with all schemes of this nature, is covered by terms and conditions. These are clearly communicated to the Eyeplan member on the accidental damage certificate.